1/1 Photo of Sugar Cookies (Great Great Grandma Shadduck's)
This is my absolute favorite sugar cookie recipe. These cookies are so moist. They remain fresh-tasting for two weeks after baking, where a lot of sugar cookie recipes I've tried turn crunchy and brittle after a day or two. Please note that in the ingredients, the amount of flour may be a bit off. You may need to use more or less flour than indicated for desired consistency. Much of the time, my family doesn't use measurements. Grandma Shadduck advised on the recipe card, "Use enough flour to make dough stiff enough to roll out well, and roll them out thick to keep cookies soft." Give these a try. They're delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together shortening, sugar and eggs.
- 3Stir in milk and vanilla.
- 4Stir in baking powder, baking soda, salt and corn syrup.
- 5Add enough flour (a little at a time) to make dough stiff enough to roll out well.
- 6On a generously floured work surface, roll out dough with a lightly floured rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness. With flour-dipped cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes.
- 7Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie pan, making sure to space two inches apart.
- 8Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops of cookies are no longer shiny, and bottoms are lightly browned.
- 9Decorate with icing of your preference (if desired) and store in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Cookies (Great Great Grandma Shadduck's)
Serving Size: 1 (1955 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1423.2
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 939.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 233.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 89.5 g
- Protein 20.9 g