Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from Razzle Dazzle Recipes and is a restaurant recipe from DeFrancesco's.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 lbs turkey breast
- 3⁄4 white onion, diced
- 2 cups peaches, coarsely diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- oil, for sauteing
- salt and pepper
- Combine brown sugar, kosher salt, chili powder, ground ginger, black pepper, cayenne pepper, curry powder, ground cumin and ground cinnamon.
- Dredge all sides of turkey breast in brown sugar mixture.
- Place on a roasting rack and bake 35 to 40 minutes in a 325°F oven.
- In a stockpot, saute onion in oil until brown.
- Add peaches, cinnamon stick, fresh ginger, water, and vinegar.
- Bring to a simmer and hold for 15 minutes or until chutney starts to thicken.
- Turn off heat and add thyme, then orange zest, salt, and pepper.
- Serve as a side dish to the turkey.
This was absolutely fantastic! The flavors were outstanding and the peach chutney was perfect with the turkey. Made for the Dining Daredevils ZWT 5
Oh, yeah, this one needs a big WOW!! I'm big on turkey breast & have my usual way of making it, but this recipe adds COLOR to the taste, if you know what I mean! I'd made up several great tasting cranberry sides for this, just in case (& they were good, don't get me wrong), but this peach chutney is extraordinary! Thanks very much for posting this great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]