Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You won't believe how good this is,and it's so easy to make! My old friend, Sue, from N.Y. gave this recipe to me, and my family usually finishes it off in a day!
- 3 tablespoons Crisco (I just throw in slightly spoons full. Also, butter flavor is great if you've got it.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- Beat together Crisco and sugar.
- Mix flour, salt, powder and add to bowl.
- mix all with milk till blended.
- Put in square pan (greased) and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375 till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sue said 30 minute.
- Remove from oven and while still hot, spread with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
This is really good. Simplicity is the key - I cooked it in about 30 minutes.
You are right, Yogi! This IS good! I made this for Christmas morning breakfast on the spur of the moment. Couldn't imagine it would be all that wonderful considering the ingredients, but it is great! People couldn't stop eating it. It took about 10 minutes longer than the recipe says for it to bake.
fast, easy, moist and very delicious! this would be perfect for christmas morning...no hassle at all!