Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out insides leaving about 1/4-in shell.
- Finely chop zucchini pulp; set aside. Saute onion in oil in large heavy skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic and reserved chopped zucchini; cook over medium heat until most of moisture evaporates.
- Add cream cheese, egg, Parmesan, parsley, and pepper.
- Mix well; cook for about 10 minutes.
- Cool filling slightly and fill zucchini shells.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Place on jelly roll pans; bake for 30 minutes at 350°F until bubbly and golden brown on top.
Boy was this good!!! I made a few changes, only because I had it on hand. I had one huge zucchini in the garden (12 inches). I added a large handful of fresh spinach to the mixture instead of the parsley and 3 strips of leftover cooked bacon instead of the mushroom. My husband LOVED this recipe and insists on it again this week. Thanks so much for posting.
This recipe is excellent! I browned sausage and put it on the bottom and added the rest of the ingredients on top. YUMMO!
Fabulous recipe! I substituted tofutti cream cheese (soy based) for the real thing since I am lactose intolerant and it worked great.