photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook whole zucchini in boiling water about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out centers, leaving a 1/4-inch shell; chop center portion and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; saute mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour& oregano; remove from heat.
- Stir in Monterey Jack cheese and pimento; stir in the reserved chopped zucchini.
- Heat mixture through.
- Preheat broiler.
- Fill zucchini shells, using approximately 1/4 cup filling for each.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil several inches from source of heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- NOTE: Stuffed zucchini may be assembled in advance, covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes instead of 3 to 5.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i absolutely love zucchini and was looking for a delishous recipe that would not take away from the natural goodness... this worked wonderfully. i added some celery and green peppers to the saute and think i will put some garlic in next time...but i didnt put any cheese in and it was still wonderful!!
see 5 more reviews