Mexican Stuffed Zucchini
- Ready In:
- 2 large zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped green peppers (optional) or 1/4 cup mushroom (optional)
- Take zucchini and make boats out of them (slice the top off and scoop out the seeds and discard) Place in a casserole dish.
- Bring beef broth to a boil, add rice and cook as directed; set aside.
- Brown hamburger with onions (and peppers& mushrooms if you want); drain.
- Add taco seasoning with water as directed and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix ricotta cheese with Parmesan and 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Spoon cheese mixture in bottom of boats.
- Spoon rice and beef mixture into boats until filled.
- Put sliced tomatoes over the tops of the boats.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until zucchini is soft when pricked with a fork.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Michigan but lived in NC most of my life. I am a comfort cook and my husband is a gourmet cook, so I cook during the week and then we have fabulous food during the weekend. Of course, most of our friends come over during the weekends. We love to go out to eat and then copy the food when we come home.