Lamb Stuffed Zucchini
- Ready In:
4 zucchini boats
- 4 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Wash the zucchini well and cut the stem off. If using regular long zucchini, slice in half lengthwise. Using a melon baller, hollow out the middle of the zucchini while keeping a "boat" of outer flesh intact. Swirl 1T. olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish and place the zucchini boats in the dish.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a non-stick medium fry pan, saute the onions and garlic in the other T. of olive oil. Let them soften but do not brown.
- Add the ground lamb and cook until the lamb is mostly cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the bread crumbs and rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg lightly in a separate bowl then pour over the lamb mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the lamb mixture into each zucchini cavity, mounding to fill. Any filling that falls around the zucchini will just make nice browned bits to eat.
- Cover with foil loosely and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is nicely softened and stuffing is browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a stay at home mom/ former Dietitian who reads cookbooks and cooks to destress. I have 2 young boys who are extremely active. <br />I collect cookbooks as an addiction and a hobby. I have a wide range from Naked Chef, to bed and breakfast cooking, to Greek, Italian, French, Indian, Japanese and Middle Eastern food. I love trying ethnic recipes and restaurants and then going back to old American standards. <br />I spend most of my day either in the kitchen or outside running around with the boys. My husband and I are in the process of planning an addition and creating our dream kitchen.</p>