Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I had a pork loin I didn't know what to do with and some leftover sausage and came up with this. Surprisingly good.
- 1 pork tenderloin (approx. 1 lb.)
- 8 ounces raw hot pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard, such as gulden
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butterfly pork tenderloin lengthwise.
- Place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread sausage on inside to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Spread mustard liberally over sausage.
- Roll up lengthwise and place in 11 X 8 inch pan.
- Season with dried spices, pour chicken broth around (NOT OVER).
- Cover with aluminum foil, bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until done.
- Keep warm; pour juice into small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine water and cornstarch, stir into saucepan and keep stirring until thickened.
- Serve this gravy over the pork.