Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I helped my parents move into a retirement home and "stole" my mother's recipe box. I am trying to get her favorite recipes posted. This recipe was stained so I knew it had to have been one of my Dad's favorites.
- 5 medium thick pork chops, split
- 236.59 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml milk
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- Combine bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and milk.
- Place 2 tablespoons mixture in split chop; close with skewer (I used toothpicks).
- Brown chops in skillet turning to brown both sides.
- Add soup; cover; bake for 45 minutes.
- You may also place them in a casserole dish and add soup; cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour.
Excellent and moist. I used bread-cube stuffing (had it leftover;moistened with little chicken broth), ch. celery and hydrated minced onion since I was out of fresh.
This was good comfort food. I opted the option of cooking it in the oven, but only cooked it for about 30 minutes because my pork chop was fairly thin. The dressing was quite flavorful with few ingredients. Thanks Mary for a new 'comfort' keeper. Made for Photo Tag.