Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 2 boneless pork chops, 2 inches thick
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 red onion, small
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach
- 4 button mushrooms, fresh (not canned)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Stove Top stuffing mix
- salt & pepper
- Start at the butcher. Order the pork chops 2 inches thick, and have the butcher cut a pocket into each of the two chops. If you can't get the butcher to do thyat (or you are too shy to ask), do it yourself. Make certain that your knife is sharp and the meat is a little frozen when you do it yourself.
- In a skillet, brown the meat on all sides. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, pan roast the bell pepper until the pepper is soft. turn off the burner and set bell peppers aside.
- chop 2 slices of bacon. cut the other two in half
- slice the red onion. do not chop.
- mince the garlic.
- julienne the cooked bell pepper.
- slice the mushrooms, then chop.
- PREP TIME IS OVER. LET'S START COOKING!
- In the skillet, cook the bacon until it has released a lot of fat and is starting to brown.
- Add the onion and garlic. stirring until the onion is well-separated and starting to become translucent.
- Add the bell pepper and spinach.stirring until the spinach is heated (not very long).
- Add the mushrooms and continue stirring until the mushrooms are starting to soften. then immediately add the chicken broth to deglaze the bottom of the skillet.
- when the broth starts to boil, add the stovetop stuffing. remove from heat and miz thoroughly to moisten the stuffing mix.
- set the oven at 375 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- Using a small glass or ceramic baking dish, take your stuffing and fill the chops. any extra stuffing can go into the dish to support the chops, fat (pocket) side up.lay the two raw bacon slices over the chops, to provide more flavor to the chops.
- cook at 375 for 40 minutes. You will know that the chops are done when the bacon is crisp.