My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start at the butcher. Order the pork chops 2 inches thick, and have the butcher cut a pocket into each of the two chops. If you can't get the butcher to do thyat (or you are too shy to ask), do it yourself. Make certain that your knife is sharp and the meat is a little frozen when you do it yourself.
- 2In a skillet, brown the meat on all sides. Set aside.
- 3In the same skillet, pan roast the bell pepper until the pepper is soft. turn off the burner and set bell peppers aside.
- 4chop 2 slices of bacon. cut the other two in half
- 5slice the red onion. do not chop.
- 6mince the garlic.
- 7julienne the cooked bell pepper.
- 8slice the mushrooms, then chop.
- 9PREP TIME IS OVER. LET'S START COOKING!
- 10In the skillet, cook the bacon until it has released a lot of fat and is starting to brown.
- 11Add the onion and garlic. stirring until the onion is well-separated and starting to become translucent.
- 12Add the bell pepper and spinach.stirring until the spinach is heated (not very long).
- 13Add the mushrooms and continue stirring until the mushrooms are starting to soften. then immediately add the chicken broth to deglaze the bottom of the skillet.
- 14when the broth starts to boil, add the stovetop stuffing. remove from heat and miz thoroughly to moisten the stuffing mix.
- 15set the oven at 375 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- 16Using a small glass or ceramic baking dish, take your stuffing and fill the chops. any extra stuffing can go into the dish to support the chops, fat (pocket) side up.lay the two raw bacon slices over the chops, to provide more flavor to the chops.
- 17cook at 375 for 40 minutes. You will know that the chops are done when the bacon is crisp.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.7
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 134.8 mg
- Sodium 327.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 44.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Stove Top stuffing mix