1/6 Photos of Stuffed Pide (Turkish Pizza)
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is for one of the Turkish version of Pide, as every region has its own way of making Pide. This is the version that we all love most.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (for softer pide use milk) or 1 cup milk (for softer pide use milk)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 ounces ground beef or 10 ounces ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1Combine all ingredients for the dough and knead until smooth.
- 2Grease the dough with some drops of oil, cover and let rest 30 minutes; give a short knead.
- 3Cover and let rise until almost doubled (about 1 hour depending on the temperature).
- 4In the meantime prepare the filling:
- 5In a large skillet heat the oil.
- 6Add chopped onions along with chopped garlic.
- 7When onions are translucent, add ground meat, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- 8Saute for 5 minutes until meat is done.
- 9Add tomato and cook briefly until water is absorbed.
- 10Remove from heat and keep aside.
- 11When cool add parsley and 2 tablespoon fresh mint.
- 12Preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius/400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 13Place the dough on a floured surface; cut into 4 pieces (for medium pide) or 8 pieces (for smaller pide).
- 14Make round balls and, using a rolling pin, roll into ovals (12 inches/30 cm for medium pide or 6 inches/15 cm for smaller pide). I possibly try to let the borders stay thicker.
- 15Transfer the oval dough on the baking sheet.
- 16Divide filling in equal portions; spread on the dough; pinch the points together giving a boat-like shape.
- 17Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- 18Remove from oven and, if desired, drizzle with lemon juice.
- 19Top with remaining chopped fresh mint and serve.
- 20Note: to the filling you can add chopped bell peppers. You can also top the filling with grated cheese.
- 21Serve immediately and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pide (Turkish Pizza)
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.9
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 642.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 25.5 g