Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my customized recipe that I've been perfecting over the years. I expect it will change every time I make it!
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 20 ounces condensed tomato soup
- Preheat oven to 450. Cut tops off the peppers, remove seeds. Roast the bell peppers in the oven for 10 minutes or so. Sprinkle insides of peppers with salt and set aside.
- Saute ground beef and onions, drain. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Reduce oven to 350. Stuff each pepper with beef/rice mixture. Place peppers open side up in a baking dish. Combine soup with water until gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.