Recipe by Scrivener1
My mother has made this recipe for years. It is a family favorite.
Top Review by anme
I made these last night for dinner and scaled it down to two peppers and used ground turkey. This is a very good basic stuffed pepper recipe. I thought it was kinda plain, maybe next time I'll add some taco seasioning to spice things up a bit. Over all very nice recipe I plan on playing around with. Made for PAC 07!
- 6 large green peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook one cup dry rice in two cups boiling water.
- Cut the tops off of the green peppers and remove seeds. Reserve the tops of the peppers.
- Cook the peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain the peppers and let them cool.
- Sautee hamburger and onion until the hamburger is browned and the onion is soft. Add the soup, tomato sauce, rice, and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Stuff the peppers with hamburger/rice mixture. Place the reserved green pepper on top. Arrange in a casserole dish with any leftover hamburger/rice mixture.
- Bake at 350 deg. F. for 1 1/2 hours.