Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another recipe that I have baked over the years that I cannot remember where the recipe came from. This one is different as it isn't overloaded with cheeses.
- 453.59 g ground round
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 18 pasta shells, cooked (giant size)
- 2 (850.48 g) spaghetti sauce (or use your own)
- 78.07 ml red wine
- parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic. Drain. Let it cool a bit.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese, cumbs, parlsey and egg. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff cooked shells with meat mixture.
- Spray 13 x 9 x 2 pan with Pam. Spoon 1/4 of sauce on bottom of pan.
- Place shells on top of sauce, side by side.
- Mix wine with remaining sauce.
- Pour over shells.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
Great recipe. the shells were so yummy and was easy to make!!! Will be making again!
What a great recipe to try! We all thought this recipe had a great flavor to it. For me this was easier to make than what I thought it would be. Looking forward to trying this recipe again.
This was a fantastic recipe. I tried it hoping for a new way to cook ground beef and it was perfect. I served this with some garlic bread and salad and it was a hit. Plus, it tastes delicious reheated the next day if any leftovers survive the first night.