Stuffed Pasta Shells for Meat-Lovers
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Prego spaghetti sauce, any variety
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess juice
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 lb of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Brown ground beef and drain. Return to pan.Saute onions and garlic in pan with cooked meat for approximately 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil salted water to cook the pasta shells according to package al dente style. Strain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, parmasan, and 2/3 package of shredded mozzarella. Add italian seasoning, garlic pepper, eggs and milk and mix thoroughly. Mix in meat and spinach.
- In a large baking dish, pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan lightly. Fill each shell with large rounded tablespoons of meat and cheese mixture, and place in pan. Be sure to closely place the shells together so they don't get hard while baking.
- *If there are too many shells for one pan, make a secong and store tightly covered in freezer until later use.
- Pour remaining sauce evenly over all of the shells. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes. Take foil off pan, and bake additional 10 minutes.
Join The Conversation