1/2 Photos of Stuffed Chiles
DeAnna Owens's Note:
I was looking for a fairly healthy & easy stuffed chile receipe, but couldn't find one, so I created this instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 fresh cubanelle peppers
- 1 chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces original rotel, drained
- 1Put chiles on a hot grill or under the broiler, let skin blister and burn.
- 2Turn chiles occasionally so they don't overcook or burn through to the flesh.
- 3Wrap chiles in tin foil (or paper bag) for 10-20 minutes. The burned skin will flake off easily and the flesh will be slightly cooked by the steam.
- 4Slit the side of each chile, remove seeds and veins.
- 5Mix chicken, red onion, cilantro, red pepper, cheese, black beans, cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Stuff filling into the slits in the chiles.
- 6Line bottom of pan with rotel, then layer open, stuffed chiles.
- 7Sprinkle each with quesco fresco, mexican cheese and cilantro, melt in a 350ºF oven for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chiles
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 511.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend