Spinach Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms.
photo by Chippie1
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 6 -8 medium portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Defrost spinach and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Mix in eggs, bread crumbs, cheeses and seasoning.
- Stuff into Mushroom caps.
- Place caps on non- stick cookie sheet, Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was so easy to prepare and really quite good. I normally don't like portabellos but DH brought home a huge box from Costco so I turned to Zaar and found this recipe. I always keep frozen spinach on hand as well as assorted cheeses so I gave the recipe a try. Guess what, I now like portobello mushrooms. The ingredients worked so well together! I will definitely make this again! Thanks for converting me, Kevin. C C
UPDATED: Can make stuffing in advance and freeze using a vacuum sealer. Made these again for Thanksgiving dinner, but I froze the stuffing in the mushrooms. They froze well, but the mushrooms do not defrost well. They shrunk half the size in thickness, will freeze again, but will use fresh mushrooms the day of. Still a very good recipe for an appetizer or side dish. Very good recipe! DH & I scarfed up 4 of them. Only change I made was to use Asiago instead of Parmesan cheese in the stuffing mix and sprinkled parmesan over the top prior to baking. Also, was making them along with "Oven-Fried Garlic Chicken (#83561)" and baked them for 30 minutes @ 350 degrees. These were so good and looked very impressive that I may make them again for my holiday appetizer meal for DH's family. Thanks Kevin for a simply wonderful side dish! BTW, posted a pic, hope you don't mind.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Since childhood cooking has always been a passion of mine.