Recipe by Kaarin
Delicious one dish meal. Easy with a can of prego sauce. I have made this in the crock pot too; left out the tomato juice and cooked it on low all day.
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored
- 1 quart red pasta sauce
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb venison
- 1⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the cabbage head in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes or outer leaves are tender. Rinse immediately in cold water and drain. Remove about 10 of the largest leaves and refrigerate the rest for another use. If the cabbage vein is very thick, cut a v shape slit to remove the bottom of it.
- In a bowl combine the meat, rice, ketchup, worcestershire, and seasonings.
- Place about 1/2 cup of meat mixture on each leaf and roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down in a dutch oven. Top with the pasta sauce and cook over low heat one hour. Add the tomato juice as desired and cook 20 minutes longer.