- Cover cabbage leaves with boiling water.
- Let stand until leaves are limp.
- Mix beef, rice, 1/2 CUP tomato sauce, garlic salt, pepper, onions and green pepper.
- Put 1/3 cup in each leaf; roll, tucking in the sides.
- Place, seam side down in baking dish.
- Mix remaining tomato sauce with the sugar, pour over rolls.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan, pour juice in saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and water; stir into saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils; cook 1 minute.
- Serve with cabbage rolls.
Wow, I love cabbage rolls but avoid making them because of the long involved process!!! They were very simple to make and so very tasty! I did use my own homemade tomato sauce and added some garlic. Thanks Inez!
Very quick and tasty. I wouldn't change a thing. I served these with bert's "new potatoes roasted with garlic and olive oil", and asparagus.
I used this recipe for a potluck dish and it was well received and absolutely delicious. I only changed the meat used...I mix ground lamb and beef and it's fantastic. I also used a red pepper due to my own preference for its taste.