Top Review by kitina
Wow, I love cabbage rolls but avoid making them because of the long involved process!!! They were very simple to make and so very tasty! I did use my own homemade tomato sauce and added some garlic. Thanks Inez!
- 12 cabbage leaves
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover cabbage leaves with boiling water.
- Let stand until leaves are limp.
- Mix beef, rice, 1/2 CUP tomato sauce, garlic salt, pepper, onions and green pepper.
- Put 1/3 cup in each leaf; roll, tucking in the sides.
- Place, seam side down in baking dish.
- Mix remaining tomato sauce with the sugar, pour over rolls.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan, pour juice in saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and water; stir into saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils; cook 1 minute.
- Serve with cabbage rolls.