Best Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
This tasty cabbage roll recipe uses tomato juice instead of tomato sauce. It has a slight tang to it from lemon juice and mint leaves. I got this recipe from my mother when she was in WW years ago. It's very tasty and well worth trying.
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 2 tablespoons rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 clove garlic
- 14 -16 leaves cabbage
- Remove the hard core from the cabbage and wilt the leaves.
- Line a casserole dish with two cabbage leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients except the garlic, using only 1/2 cup of the tomato juice.
- Roll the mixture in leaves- using approximately 1 heaping TBLS per leaf.
- Place the rolls, seam side down, on the leaves in the dish.
- Add the clove of garlic, remaining tomato juice and 1/2 cup of water to the dish.
- Bake at 325*F, covered for 45-60 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Very nice and easy too, the mint is a nice touch of freshness with the lemon, used fresh mint from the garden! I had a bottle of "hot & spicy" pizza sauce to use up, worked very nicely, I had no tomato juice. Super flavour with walla walla onion, the alspice & garlic. Made two casseroles for the freezer to use up a huge cabbage, will be nice for a lazy day sometime. We each had one for an appetizer for a taste, loved them, thanks for posting, I will make them again.