Recipe by Lou
It was my mil recipe, and she taught it to me... and I've been married 48 years, so does that tell you how old it is? my kids are now making this. It was a favorite way back when, and still is today.
Top Review by anonymous23
Made these last night for dinner. Big hit. Should've salted the meat a little more, and maybe next time I'll add... something else. Or not. I used three cloves of diced garlic (will use more next time--I love garlic) and did add some tomatoes I had in the fridge that were headed for the compost heap in a few days. I had enough filling for four large red peppers and three small green ones and didn't need to use the filling to keep the peppers upright--all the filling stuffed the peppers (heaping). We liked the red peppers better.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw rice
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 6 -8 green peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean peppers, and put in water. Boil for 4-5 minutes . Remove and cool.
- Mix hamburger, uncooked rice, onion, seasonings, 1 can tomato paste.
- Put some of mix in the bottom of Oven proof container, using enough to form a base for the peppers to stand upright inches Fill peppers with the rest, and place in container.
- Mix the last can of paste with 2 cans water, and mix. Pour over top of the peppers. cover with foil and cook at 325 degrees for about 2 hours.