1/1 Photo of Stuffed Acorn Squash
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick spray coating
- 2 small acorn squash (about 2 pounds total)
- 12 ounces ground lean pork or 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick coating.
- 2Wash and halve squash; discard seeds.
- 3Place squash, cut sides down, in prepared baking pan.
- 4Bake, uncovered, in a 350 dregree oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
- 5Meanwhile, for stuffing, in a large skillet cook ground pork or turkey, celery, and onion until meat is brown and vegetables are tender.
- 6Drain off fat.
- 7Stir in salt, curry powder, and cinnamon; cook 1 minute more.
- 8Stir in applesauce and bread cubes.
- 9Turn squash cut sides up in pan.
- 10Spoon stuffing into squash halves.
- 11Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 423.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 18.3 g