1/1 Photo of Stroganoff (Brazilian)
I went in search of Brazilian recipes, for a night I'm planning. I didn't realize how popular stoganoff was! This is a combination of 2 recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef or 2 lbs chicken fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 lb cultivated white mushroom, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild mustard, i would use dijon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Put the meat/chicken into a bowl with garlic, half the onion, salt, nutmeg, oregano and wine.
- 2Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- 3Heat the oil and saute the remaining onion and mushrooms for a few minutes or until softened.
- 4Add the meat/chicken and marinade to the pan and cook.
- 5Add the ketchup and mustard.
- 6If it looks a bit dry, add a few tablespoons of water and cook a little longer.
- 7When the meat is cooked, add the sour cream and reheat gently-DO NOT BOIL.
- 8Serve with steamed white rice.
- 9*This should be cooked quickly so the meat doesn't toughen.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stroganoff (Brazilian)
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1707.3
- Calories from Fat 1565
- Total Fat 173.9 g
- Saturated Fat 71.1 g
- Cholesterol 239.6 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 21.8 g