Recipe by PCrocker
Good enough to be served at Ben & Jerry's. Use fresh, good-quality ingredients. I love to make this during strawberry season. Plan to refrigerate berries in sugar for 1 hour before making ice cream.
Top Review by Ian B
Delicious straight out of the freezer as soft-serve. I'd add a word of caution though, this recipe is for a 2-quart freezer, not the more common 1.5-quart size. This just meant that I had to eat a few extra strawberries drenched in sweet cream and vanilla. It was tough, but I made it through. My Cuisinart ice cream freezer didn't deal weal with the chunks, so I hit it with a hand blender until the strawberry goodness turned the entire mix a delicious pink.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside in fridge for 1 hour.
- In large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add 3/4 cups sugar, mixing well. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add strawberries with juice and mix well.
- Gently stir in whipping cream just until combined.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- I use a Donvier ice cream maker that doesn't require ice or salt and it works great!