Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (For Electric Ice Cream Machine)
Posted by request. Recipe is from the recipe book that came with my ice cream machine. Prep time includes 1 hour chilling and 1/2 hour freezing times.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (if using sugar or syrup packed frozen berries, omit the sugar in the recipe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup fresh pureed strawberry (if using sugar or syrup packed frozen berries, omit the sugar in the recipe)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Chill ingredients for about 1 hour, or until cold.
- Turn on ice cream machine and set it to chill the freezing/mixing bowl for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the cooled mixture into the freezing/mixing bowl of machine. Set the freezing timer to the 30 minute maximum setting. Push start button.
- When timer rings, spoon ice cream into dishes and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I am elated with this I've cream. I bought my machine about 3 months ago and have only made 5 or 6 batches of ice cream, but this recipe is my favorite. The texture is a bit off but the flavor is like eating a strawberry cheesecake. I followed the recipe exactly and the flavors were perfect. The balance of taste between the berries and cheese was great I am going to use this recipe as a base and put in assorted fruits because I love cheese cake but love variety. One combo I will try is the mixed berry frozen fruit you can buy in the stores. I'd give this recipe a 10 if I could. Eat ice cream!!!
Absolutely devine! I had some frozen cream cheese in the freezer, fresh strawberries...all I had to buy was the half and half. I leave my ice cream canister in the freezer during the summer months for easy convenience! I served this with my recipe Fresh Strawberry Marmalade (223183) Kudos on posting a great find!