Chubby Hubby Bars
photo by Ezri_B
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature pretzel twists, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter chips, for top
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips, for top
- 1⁄4 cup pretzel, crumbled, for top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Foil line and spray a 9X13" pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. Using a mixer, beat the butter and both sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract. On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Stir in the peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and pretzel pieces.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan and press it down evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle extra peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Sprinkle remaining pretzel bits.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool Completely
- Lift bars out of the pan using foil. Place on a cutting board. Cut even squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These bars are delicious, although I believe an ingredient is missing from the recipe. In the directions, it reads "Stir in the peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and pretzel pieces." Other than the 1/4 cup of peanut butter chips for the top, there is no other mention of a measurement for additional peanut butter chips. I added a cup of peanut butter chips to the recipe and it was perfect!
The best bars I've ever had. I LOVE Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby, and these are as close as you can get without being icecream! My kids and I ate a whole pan of them in one day. I had to make more for a church potluck, and it got rave reviews! I used chunky peanut butter and I loved the little bit of peanut crunch with them! I will absolutely be making these again and again! Another great recipe Ezri_B!
These are really delicious! I had a bag of milk chocolate & peanut butter chips to use so I used half for the batter and the other half on top. We love the bit of salty crunch the pretzels give these bars, it was just enough. Quick and easy to with not a lot of clean-up. I'll definitely be making these again. Thanks for the recipe Ezri B :)