Ben & Jerry's Cappuccino Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee, good quality, freeze-dried
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk, and whisk to blend.
- Add 2-1/2 tablespoons of the coffee and cinnamon, and whisk to blend again.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's directions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the remaining 1 tablespoon coffee, then continue freezing until done.
- Makes 1 quart.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've made this a couple times now, and it's ALWAYS a winner. I followed the recipe to a T the first time around. This is insanely easy to make and still produces ice-cream with great texture. The second time I made this, I added a pinch or two of salt and chopped dark chocolate bits at the end. YOWZA! That was a hit with the husband.
This ice cream is one of the best I made. I was not sure of the cinnamon in this but with the coffee, it tastes great. I had espresso powder instant 2 1/2 tablespoon left LOL So the other 1 tbs at the end, I used regular instant coffee. Not the same, but it did the job. I like that the preparation doesn't have to cook first. I used only 1/2 cup of sugar which was perfect. I always reduce sugar in recipes. Thanks Annacia. Made for Photo tag.