Recipe by Nasseh
I don't really have the time or patience for baking but I wanted a delicious dessert. I played around with some ingredients & my effort was rewarded with this wonderful cake.
Top Review by he_loves_u2
This recipe is delicious and very impressive!! I used a box cake mix, because I had one. Also I dipped extra strawberries in dark chocolate and white chocolate and decoated around the bottom of the cake. Then I drizzled some of each of the chocolates on the top of the cake.Nice presentation!!
- 1 whole angel food cake, store bought
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened (name brand)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the cream cheese & confectioners sugar with a mixer in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add the cool whip to the cream cheese until it is well blended.
- Put 10 strawberries & 2 tablespoons of sugar into a food processor & puree them. (Use the less attractive strawberries for this.).
- Pour the strawberries into the cream cheese mixture & stir. Refrigerate until ready to frost the cake.
- Cut the rest of the strawberries in half, then in half again. Place into a bowl with 1 tablespoon of sugar & gently stir.
- Cut the angle food cake crosswise & take off the top, place to the side for later.
- Put a thin layer of the mixture on top of the bottom half of the cake. Place a thin layer of strawberries over the frosting, then cover with another thin layer of cream cheese mixture.
- Place the other half of the cake back on top. Cover the rest of the outside of the cake with the remaining mixture. Decorate the top of the cake with the rest of the strawberries.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator so the frosting doesn't melt.