- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 10 ounces frozen pound cake
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- strawberry, halves (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill one large glass and one medium glass bowl for about 20 minutes.
- In the large bowl beat together the mascarpone, sugar, orange juice and zest until creamy.
- In the medium bowl whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture.
- Combine the strawberries and orange liquor.
- Cut the cake into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange 1/2 of the slices in the bottom of a 8 cup glass bowl.
- Top with 1/2 the sliced strawberries, including 1/2 the juice/liquor.
- Spread with half the mascarpone mixture.
- Sprinkle with half the grated chocolate.
- Repeat layers ending with grated chocolate.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, up to 12 hours.