Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Original by Sally Wise, ABC Radio, adapted to my tastes. Brilliant with seafood. Posting for safe keeping, as it must be a Tasmanian thing, since Ive searched the net several times looking for a recipe, and this is the only one Ive ever come across
- 1 kg strawberry, hulled and chopped
- 200 g large red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 500 ml white vinegar
- 500 ml cider vinegar
- 1 kg white sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated green ginger
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- Place all ingredients into large pot.
- Bring to the boil, stirring.
- Boil on medium heat 45 minutes.
- If desired, run a hand blender/ stick mixer through to smooth out texture.
- Simmer til desired consistency - usually not very thick.
- Allow to stand for 10 mins, then pour into warm, sterilised bottles and seal immediately.