Spinach, Olive and Chilli Tomato Sauce for Pasta
A good recipe when you're watching your weight. It's still got loads of flavour though,
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups ripe tomatoes (you could use canned)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 -2 small chile, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I use 1 tablespoon fresh)
- black pepper
- 40 g kalamata olives, pits removed and chopped
- 2 cups spinach (wash well and remove the tough stems)
- Heat the oil and cook the garlic and onion gently until the onion is transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, paste, chillies, herbs and pepper and heat stirring until the tomatoes soften and release their juices.
- Add the olives, and heat until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Stir through the spinach until warmed through.
- Serve over any pasta you enjoy.
- I sometimes add maybe 200g of chicken breast strips at the stage where you fry the onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation