Recipe by ReeLani
A delicious breakfast treat I had at Parliament Cottage Bed and Breakfast in Niagara-on-the-Lake in Canada. Recipe is compliments of my hostess, Isabelle Parliamnent. The version I had was made with turkey.
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 lb smoked shaved ham or 3⁄4 lb turkey or 3⁄4 lb salmon
- 2 cups medium cheddar, grated
- 411 g frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 300 g packaged frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sauté shallots and garlic in butter for 4 minutes.
- Squeeze extra water from thawed spinach'til it is very dry.
- Mix together spinach, shallots and garlic.
- Roll out 2/3 of the puff pastry dough and line the prepared springform pan with it, letting pastry hang over the edge of the pan.
- Layer ham (or turkey or salmon), cheese, spinach mixture and peppers.
- Beat eggs, reserving 2 tbs, and pour the remainder over the peppers.
- Roll out the remaining puff pastry dough and place on top of the strata.
- Crimp the edges and seal.
- Cut slits in the top and brush with the reserved egg.
- Bake 45 minutes.