This is the only breakfast casserole I make. It's worth the effort. You could probably throw some breakfast sausage in here instead of the ham and bacon. This one has to sit overnight in the refrigerator before baking in the morning.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 -10 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet, cook bacon until done.
- Remove bacon from skillet, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Add ham and onion to skillet.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Drain grease from ham and onion.
- In a bowl, combine bacon, ham, and onion.
- In a greased 13x9x2 baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, potatoes, and cheese, in that order.
- Top with all of the bacon mixture.
- Repeat another layer of bread, potatoes, and cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper to the eggs.
- Pour over all in the baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION