Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I've made this since my kids were small and it's always been a family favorite. I serve this with buttered egg noodles tossed with poppy seeds. I'm sure it's not "authentic" but it certainly is delicious!
Top Review by blakpaprflowr
Matt and Christine made it for my family and some friends last night and it was awesome. I do not think I have ever had anything that has tasted like that before. It was very different. It's a great recipe!
- 2 lbs flank steaks, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 yellow onions, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
To coat meat
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place coating ingredients in a paper lunch bag, or a ziploc bag.
- Shake to mix the ingredients. Add the meat, a few pieces at a time until well coated.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a large, heavy skillet with a lid, and bring to medium high heat. Add meat and cook until well browned. Removed from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic to the skillet (add additional oil or butter if necessary) and saute until onions are clear. Add meat back to the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT sour cream, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium low and cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid during last five minutes of cooking.
- Stir in sour cream just before serving.