Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This solo recipe is very similar to the mall food court offerings. Cooking the chicken breast whole and then dicing will keep the meat moist, and the chef can check to be sure it is done before committing the rest of the ingredients. When adding the spices, just remember that cooking is a creative sport.
Top Review by Brittany Leigh
I JUST made this is it very good NOT quite like the mall next time I will use a little less ginger and a little less brown sugar and add a little more cornstarch the finishing sauce wasnt quite thick enough for my taste. other than that I will definitley make this again it is very very tasty. Thanks for the great recipe!!!
- 59.14 ml kentucky Bourbon
- 2.46 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 14.79 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, add the bourbon to the cornstarch and stir until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chicken and oil, and stir again until the sugar has dissolved. Then set the sauce aside.
- Coat both sides of the thawed chicken breast with the olive oil and fry for 4 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F Remove the chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- Put the chicken back into the pan, along with the sauce and simmer over low heat until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Serve with rice or noodles.