Cajun Bourbon Chicken Bites
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (I think breast meat is too dry for this recipe) or 1 lb other boneless skinless chicken pieces, cut in bite-size chunks (I think breast meat is too dry for this recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (like Jim Beam)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Mix all the marinade ingredients, except white wine, in a zip lock bag.
- Put chicken pieces in the bag.
- Refrigerate at least several hours (preferably overnight).
- Bake chicken at 350 F for one hour in a single layer, basting with marinade every 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits and pour into a skillet.
- Add any remaining marinade and add 2 tbsp white wine to the skillet.
- Heat and add chicken.
- Boil for one minute and serve over cooked rice, or as an appetizer with individual toothpicks in each piece of chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I accidentally made this with Aloha BBQ sauce instead of soy sauce, so I'm not leaving stars because it's not accurate to the recipe, but it WAS wonderful! Really easy to make. I just marinated it for a couple nights in the fridge, then dumped the whole thing in an oven proof skillet for an hour in the oven. I also skipped the white wine because I didn't have an open bottle.
see 31 more reviews