Melinda #2's Note:
A very tasty stir fry recipe I put together with ingredients I had in the frig.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white rice (cook as directed on pkg.)
- 1 whole chicken breast, cubed
- soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 onion, julienne cut
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 baby carrots, julienne cut
- 3 stalks celery, biased cut
- 1 lb snap peas
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 12 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
Whisk together following ingredients for sauce
- 1Marinate Chicken in Soy Sauce, in refrigerator 30 minutes to over night. Coat Chicken with Cornstarch just before cooking.
- 2Heat a couple tablespoons canola oil in wok, Stir Fry Chicken at med/high heat (about 5 min.) until it is no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3Heat a little more canola oil in pan, add onion and garlic, stir fry about 1 minute. Then add carrots, celery stir fry another minute then add peas and broccoli and continue to cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add sauce, bring to a boil. Add waterchestnuts, bean sprouts and chicken. Stir fry another 2 minutes.
- 5Serve over Hot Steamed Rice.
- 6*Chili oil can be sprinkled on to add some spice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fry Vegetables and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 1310.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar