Stir-fry Vegetables in Black Bean Sauce
So good, you could add meat or chicken if you like. Serve with steamed rice. I love the flavor of the black bean sauce!!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fermented black beans, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 2 teaspoons asian chili sauce
- Heat oil in wok and add the vegtables.
- Stir and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue stirring for 2-3 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A great Stir-fry! With fermented black beans, I find it is better to soak them for about 30 minutes and rinse them a few times, before making them into a paste. The more of a paste you make, the stronger the flavor, but I like it to be chunky for the visual effect. You can use any veggies you want in the recipe.