- 1 lb calf liver
- 1 small onion
- 4 mushrooms
- 4 scallions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice liver thin and mix with corn starch and crushed garlic.
- Brown quickly in hot oil.
- Add finely-sliced onions and mushrooms.
- Stir-fry until meat is evenly browned, then add chopped scallions and soy sauce.
- Continue cooking with constant stirring for 6 to 9 minutes.
- A tablespoon of brandy may be added to the meat just before frying for that little touch of luxury the Chinese lavish on honored guests.