Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Wonderful dish with chicken. Do not over cook the asparagus they should be heated through but still crisp
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, bottoms snapped, sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons coriander, fresh, chopped
- Melt butter/margarine in a wok or heavy skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring until they are browned evenly.
- Add asparagus and sauté, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper and shallots; sauté 1/2 minute.
- Sprinkle with the coriander and serve.
If you love the taste of asparagus the way I do, you simply have to try this recipe! Very easy to prepare with excellent results! The mushrooms combined with the smooth taste of shallots simply make this a winner! Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Bergy!
We love this dish. Supper good with a little balsamic.
Wonderful quick side dish! I had really thin asparagus so they were cooked just right quickly. I don't normally put cilantro on my asparagus, but I liked it. Thanx for sharing!