Asparagus & Mushroom Stir Fry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This fast and easy side dish goes well with any meat entree. Or you can add strips of chicken, beef or pork to make it a quick, complete meal.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Wash asparagus well.
- Break off bottoms and cut spears diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- In large frying pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, garlic and ginger.
- Stir fry one minute.
- Add sugar, cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in soya sauce and sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We really enjoyed this, even without the sesame oil which I didn't have. I used extra toasted sesame seeds to compensate, and fresh ginger. Next time I'll try it with sesame oil and will add some shallots and chilli flakes. We had it on 2 min microwave Basmati rice, and there was enough sauce to coat it. Will make again!Reply