Recipe by Deere Mom
Looking for a new way to prepare asparagus? A friend prepared this for our family, and it is now one of our favorites. It is best with the thin asparagus. This dish is great with baked ham.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
Simple and tasty! I served with rice and marinated tofu. This sauce could really go with any vegetable - broccoli, snow peas, green beans, etc. I did find it a bit salty so next time I might cut back a bit on my broth or soy sauce. Thanks!
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 6 cups asparagus spears, snapped in 2-inch segments
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, broth, soy sauce, corn starch, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Saute asparagus and green onion in olive oil for approximately 6-8 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Stir sauce and add to asparagus and cook approximately 1 minute until sauce thickens.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Recipe does not keep well, so make only enough for one meal.