1/1 Photo of Sticky Chicken
Shawn C's Note:
This is another favorite of mine from Top secret Recipe boards that no longer exist. I fix this as a fancy dish for quest. It is quite spicy, I must warn you though! But OH SO GOOD!! I switched it up a little in order to make a gravy, otherwise it is the same recipe. If you don't want gravy omit the chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) whole roasting chickens
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1Combine all spices in small bowl.
- 2Rinse chicken, inside and out, and drain well.
- 3Rub spice mixture over skin and the inside of chicken.
- 4Place in a re-sealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate over night.
- 5Or place in roasting pan and cover with saran wrap or aluminum foil.
- 6When ready to roast, stuff cavity with onions, garlic and lemon juice.
- 7Place chicken, breast-side down, in roasting pan.
- 8Add 1/2 can broth to pan.
- 9Roast uncovered at 250º (that's not a typo -- it's really 250º! Anything over 225º is safe as long as the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 155º, which this does, and more) for about 5 hours.
- 10Baste occasionally with pan juices or until pan juices start to caramelize on bottom of pan and chicken is golden brown.
- 11During last hour add remaining broth.
- 12To make gravy, move chicken to a platter, put all juice and drippings into a saucepan.
- 13Heat to boiling and add a mixture of cornstarch and water until desired thickness.
- 14Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.8
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 820.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 31.3 g