Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This butter sauce is delicious over fresh English Peas. If you can't find fresh, frozen will do...cooked according to package directions;the ones in the steam-fresh bags work well, just eliminate the steaming step in the recipe! Prep time does not include the butter softening time.
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons whipped butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 4 cups English peas, fresh (see intro for frozen)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until blended. Set aside.
- Arrange the fresh peas in a vegetable steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam for 10 to 15 minutes or until the peas are tender. (If using frozen peas, follow package directions!). Remove the peas from the steamer and spread the butter over the peas. Let it melt evenly and stir. Serve immediately.
Super quick and easy side dish. We really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I will be making this one again.
Omg these were delicious & I couldn't even follow the recipe, I just had to use the flavors! No oranges in the fruit bowl so I very briefly simmered the (frozen) peas in OJ. Just mixed the basil with butter & poured it over the top. Best peas ever, can't wait to try the actual recipe!
How could anyone refuse to eat their veggies when they are swathed in this delicious sauce? I used the frozen peas, and how good they were! Thanks for posting!