Sweet English Peas
A traditional English recipe. Use either new, small peas, or small frozen peas. This is wonderful served as part of an English Sunday roast dinner! Another gem from Great British Cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb tiny peas
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook peas in a small amount of boiling, salted water, until tender (if using frozen peas, follow package instructions).
- Drain, and set aside.
- In another saucepan, heat the butter, and add the peas, mint and sugar.
- Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, tossing to mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 7 more