Gluten Free Pasta Salad (By Italiano Signore)
photo by m_wood1234
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces gluten-free pasta (corkscrew macaroni)
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (I use greek oregano sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 4 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced, I use jarred minced garlic)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper (finely diced, I use yellow, orange and red bell peppers for lots of color!)
- 1⁄2 red onion (finely diced)
- 4 ounces italian hard salami (small cubed)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions (about 10 minutes in boiling water until al dente).
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano and set aside.
- Cool pasta in cold water and drain well.
- Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add olive oil mixture and mix well.
- Serve immediately or let marinate overnight in tight container.
- Note: To toast the pine nuts, pre-heat a skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and stir occasionally until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!