Party-Size Sausage Calzone
photo by Johnsonville Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1 (19 ounce) package Johnsonville Italian Hot Sausage Links
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce, divided
- Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into 1/4 –inch slices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mozzarella, ricotta, egg, parsley and seasonings.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut dough in half.
- Roll each into a 12-inch circle.
- On two parchment-lined baking sheets, carefully place one dough round on each baking sheet.
- Spoon ½ cup of pizza sauce, half the cheese mixture and half of the sausage slices onto the lower half of each dough round, keep the outer ½ -inch edge of dough free of ingredients.
- With a pastry brush, moisten the outer ½ -inch of each dough round with water.
- Fold dough over filling and crimp edges firmly to seal.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut each Calzone in half and serve with remaining pizza sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Made with only premium cuts of pork and the perfect blend of spices, Johnsonville Italian Sausage is the perfect ingredient for your favorite dishes.</p> <p>This is a sponsored profile.</p>