Italian Sausage Caprese Skewer
photo by Johnsonville Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1 (19 ounce) package JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (24 tomatoes)
- 1 (16 ounce) container marinated fresh mozzarella balls (Ciligiene 24 1/2 ounce balls)
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package fresh basil leaves
- 24 small skewers, wooden, or other decorative picks
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic syrup, * (can substitute with balsamic vinegar) *balsamic syrup is available in finer grocery stores.
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the sausage according to the package directions for the grill or in a skillet.
- Cut each sausage into 4 to 5 pieces.
- Assemble each skewer alternating ingredients: tomato, basil, mozzarella, and sausage.
- Arrange skewers on a platter, drizzle with Extra Virgin olive oil and balsamic syrup.
- Sprinkle with salt and a grinding of fresh black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!