Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Stir fry with sirloin steak, green peppers, onions and tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 10 ounces boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut steak thinly across the grain
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eights
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water, and soy sauce.
- Cut the steak thinly across the grain, then cut slices in half; set aside.
- In non-stick skillet or wok, stir fry the green pepper, garlic, and onion in the oil for 4 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Add the meat and stir fry for 4-6 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Add tomatoes, water chestnuts, and green pepper mixture; cook and stir until heated through.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve over rice.