Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup julienned carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, ends trimmed
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Make 2 cups of rice as instructed on package and keep hot.
- Heat wok over medium heat and add the oil, increase to medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli and water, stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green.
- Add carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- In small bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth and cornstarch; mix well to dissolve.
- Add to wok and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
It's been awhile since we've done a stir-fry recipe, but you can cook like a pro with this easy recipe! I followed pretty much exactly although I did save the mushrooms until after the carrot mixture was cooked through and then cooked one minute longer. Used veggie broth in place of chicken and a bit more cornstarch than suggested. Great mix! Made for ZWT6.
Wow, I loved this! So fresh tasting, and really easy to make too! I didn't have any fresh shiitakes, so I used a can of straw mushrooms. I also added a can of baby corn and some fresh baby bok choy and bean sprouts to the mix. I didn't have time to make the rice, but I found that it wasn't really needed (I just eat more of the veggies to make up for the rice lol). I'll definitely be making this again -- Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4
see 13 more reviews