Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry
My daughter found this on ABCNEWS.com and has made it several times now. Sometimes we are missing an ingredient the recipe calls for so we just add something different. We use a 4 ounce can of sliced mushrooms instead of the shitake. We also use frozen broccoli and snow peas to speed this recipe up.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup julienned carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, ends trimmed
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Make 2 cups of rice as instructed on package and keep hot.
- Heat wok over medium heat and add the oil, increase to medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli and water, stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green.
- Add carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- In small bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth and cornstarch; mix well to dissolve.
- Add to wok and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.